Lately I've been much more inclined towards clean and simple cards but I've been itching to use a stamp set from Stampin' Up that rarely gets an airing.
I've seen several variations on this layered theme on blogs and on Pinterest and had to try it for myself. I stamped my flowers and leaves on a large square of white card and then used my Spellbinders dies to cut two smaller squares out of its centre, going down 2 die sizes at a time (hope this makes sense!). I then cut squares from purple Bazzill using the dies I had missed out then layered the Bazzill and stamped squares making sure that the images lined up properly. I added a little velvet ribbon and could have left it at that, but decided to add a layered die cut sentiment which I covered in Glossy Accents to get some shine and extra dimension.
I must admit that I rather like this look - you could do it with patterned paper if you're really pushed for time.
Now back to our challenge! Our sponsor is Live and Love Crafts who have a voucher to give away to our randomly chosen winner.
Hope you can play along with us this week!
Hugs
Tracey xx

8 comments:
This is beautiful Tracey ! Love the layout and the flower stamp is really gorgeous... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Stunning card Tracey! The bold design has such impact...think I need to try this technique!
Chris
x
Awesome card Tracey - love the design.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx
It's very stylish Tracey, love the elegant flowers and the lush velvet ribbon, the textures make the card very tactile.
Warm hugs
Maarit
Stunning card Tracey and I love the colour combo with a gorgeous stamp set. Zx
Ohhh, fab card Tracey! Love those black frames. Hope you're having a lovely week. xxx
I really love what you did with this one Tracey. Gorgeous papers and colour scheme, so rich and lush. Fabulous card design. Hugs, Wends x
Very classy,elegant card xx
Post a Comment