Thursday, 6 August 2015

Getting inky

My son watches someone on YouTube who always starts his videos with the words "Hello procrastinators!".  If you knew my son, you would know how apt this is, but over the school holidays I think the same can probably be said about me.  I seem to have spent hours faffing about and now with just over a week before I'm back at work all the stuff I should have done is still waiting...  Hey ho.

However, I have managed to do another course with Online Card Classes and it's been lots of fun.  This time the classes were all about techniques for creating backgrounds and it's been a great excuse to get covered in ink!  Normally when I take these classes I don't quite manage to get a card finished in time to upload to the gallery (see above ;o)) but today I got my act together and here's what I made

I combined ink blending and heat embossing to create a panel in various shades of green and blue. The panel was cut with a Papertrey Ink die and mounted on to my card base with foam tape.  The sentiment is from a set by Altenew and I added a couple of teal gems to complete the design.
 
There a number of inky panels drying in the kitchen which I'll try to get made up into cards before I go back to school.  In the meantime I hope that no one at home is going to expect me to cook anything!
 
Hugs
 
Tracey xx

6 comments:

Chris said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous Tracey! Bet you so enjoyed creating that stunning background.
Don't worry about cooking...crafting definitely should take precedence! That's why take-aways were invented:)
Chris
x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Tracey ! The background is gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning card, Tracey, the ombre effect is so beautiful, I believe it can be good to procrastinate over the holidays, have a wonderful creative weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty card! Great design!

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Tracey. I really wish I could do something like that but things just end up looking a mess!

Never mind the housework, enjoy the last few days xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Ooooooh, this is NICE x