Friday, 9 April 2021

Bold and Bright

 I've got another Alex Syberia card to share with you today.



This was a joy to colour! I was inspired by similar images which had been coloured using really bold pinks and decided to give it a go.  Although the finished article doesn't seem quite as vivid as some I've seen, it matches the Stamp Market cardstock perfectly, so I'm happy with that!

With my Copics I started by putting down a light base of  RV000.   I then broke out  RV04, RV06, colours I don't think I've ever used more than once or twice.  For the shadows I went in with RV17, RV66, RV19 and RV69, blending out with the lighter RVs including RV02.  My absolute favourite Joanna Sheen Elegance Satin white cardstock held up really well to all the layers of ink - I can't recommend this cardstock nearly enough!

The flower centre was coloured with Copic YR12 and YR15 at the base and Y04 on the stamens.

I kept the sentiment simple, just white heat-embossing on black cardstock.

This will be an image I'll definitely use again - suggestions for colour combos would be most welcome!

Take care xxx

4 comments:

Chris said...

Absolutely stunning Tracey- your colouring is AMAZING!
xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, this is bold and bright, I love that vibrant pink x

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous flower Tracey and coloured beautifully, love the texture and shading, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Tracey! LOVE the colour choice, it's just beautiful! Beautiful image and stunning colouring! Hugs, Wends xoxo