As it's the Easter holidays I thought I'd schedule a few posts to show some of the cards I made before I had to pack away most of my stash.
This first card is a very simple one, just an Alex Syberia digital stamp, some Copic colouring and a heat embossed sentiment.
I stayed with a palette of Spring yellows using Copics, starting with the lightest (Y00) all over to get some colour down. I then used Y11, Y13, Y15 and Y17, starting where the petals would be darkest and gradually fading out to Y11 at the tip of each petal. Y19 and a bit of Y38 helped to deepen the shadows where necessary.
I heat embossed the sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings set on some black card which I then die cut into a slim fishtail strip.
I'll admit to treating myself to a few of Alex Syberia's digi stamps lately. I like the fact that I can make them any size and they're not cluttering up the kitchen if they're on my computer!
Hope you're having a great start to the week.
xxx

3 comments:
Hi Tracey
Such a beautiful flower and perfectly coloured.
I love the black background to the sentiment alongside! Very striking.
Love Jules xx
LOVE yellow, so I think this is fabness x
Another truly beautiful image! Your colouring is stunning hun, that golden yellow is divine! Stunning creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo
Post a Comment