Thursday, 11 November 2010

Another hAnglar Cutie ...

I bought this hAnglar and stAnglar stamp as part of a set on ebay and I think she is so sweet.  I thought I'd make another card with darker colours - to see if I can get more used to it! - and opted for more papers from the Basic Grey Wassail pack.  I know this has been around for a while but the designs in this pack really are beautiful.


I followed the sketch on the Basic Grey Challenges blog and used both papers from the pack and a scalloped border from the co-ordinating sticker sheet.  Behind the image and contrast papers is a die cut Magnolia doily; what a pain this is, I'm so disappointed with the "half a die" thing but if you're going to put it behind something you can at least cover the bits which don't match up exactly!

I coloured my hAnglar image with Copics and added a Pebbles Inc rub on for the sentiment.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the little crystal hearts were a freebie with an order from the FAB Quixotic Paperie.  I also added some Sizzlit die cut leaves just underneath the flowers.

I'm going to enter this in the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge (punched and die cut shapes) as well as the Basic Grey challenge (sketch). 

Friday tomorrow, folks ... hoping for a quiet weekend with more warmth and less rain.  My poor chickens will turn into ducks at this rate!

Hugs,

Tracey T x

3 comments:

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Tracey. I really must try and get some of these beautiful stamps myself someday. They make a wonderful card. Hope the chickens aren't too wet. The wind is howling and all the leaves we cleared last weekend are now back!! lol
Clairexx

Marina said...

Beautiful card Tracey!
I love the papers and the design is gorgeous.

Thanks for playing with us at "lovely hÄnglar only".

Hugs,
Marina

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creation love the image and fab papers big hugs love Pops x