Monday, 1 November 2010

Multi-tasking Mum (and a card)!

It's Gregor's birthday tomorrow and I'm doing so many things at once tonight I'll probably meet myself coming back.

I am 1) making chocolate fudge brownies (son's request); 2) doing school work (making up as near to an authentic Italian menu as I can for a joint teacher/pupil class I run at lunchtime);  3) preparing a Gordon Ramsay curry for tomorrow's dinner (son's request) - may possibly have chocolate fudge brownie in it; 4) typing this as fast as I can before I get son to bed so that I can watch Spooks.

So, my card probably smells a bit of curry and chocolate fudge brownie - either way, the colour is right for the CES Challenge this week, which is Chocolate Caramel.  And here it is:




I had already thought of using these stamps (my new hAnglars, aren't they cute) for the Lovely Hanglar Only Challenge but I was too late on Sunday to get anything finished, plus I keep forgetting about the time difference.  However, I knew that I wanted to do the CES Challenge because I love using chocolatey colours (anything to do with chocolate, actually) so I came up with this easel card cut using my Go Kreate dies and Pink Petticoat papers.  The Hanglars (one stamped, masked and then the other stamped right beside it) were partly paper pieced and partly oloured with Copics. Of course, I then gave them the usual  Glamour Dust treatement and added various Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  The sentiment is a sticker from a 12" x 12" sheet - might be Bo Bunny, but it's lovely, very olde worlde.

And that's it really.  Better go now because Spooks is starting and I don't want to accidentally marinade my Brownies!

Take care

Tracey T x

5 comments:

Emma said...

Aw such an adorable card Tracey, gorgeous image and details.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

CraftyC said...

Mmm, yummy brownies and a beautiful card. A perfect combination Trace. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES challenge and hope you got my email earlier!
Clairexx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie hugs pops x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card & it smells sooo yummy lol. I love your hanglars they are becoming a big addiction for me, an expensive 1 at that lol.
Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges & certainly hope you will join us again.

Hugs Vicky xx

crafty amy said...

Tracey this is a really cute card and well done on doing all that and getting this done! I know I am a bit late but if you have any brownie left can I have one :D

Hugs

Amy xx