Friday, 5 November 2010

Still a bit spooky ...

A quick post today to show you my card for the Totally Gorjuss Halloween Challenge and Magnolia Stamp Lovers' Black and Purple Challenge.

I used my only Tilda Halloween stamps (don't do Halloween so not a lot of point in buying loads of stamps, even though some of them are really cute) - Tilda with her spider and the mad bat (err... who said "I thought that was you?"!)

I used Magnolia paper and added the spooky house which has been embossed onto Coredinations card and cut out - I think the embossing folder might be a Cuttlebug one, or it could be Sizzix. I then gave the house a good scrub to get a ghostly light of the moon effect.  The moon is from a die cut sheet by Bo Bunny, I think, and I turned some beautiful lace from Wild Orchid Crafts upside down to look like railings.  Behind Tilda, just peeking out, is a black glittery branch which I cut out with a Sizzlits die.  I stamped the Magnolia bat twice, coloured them with Dark Grey Promarkers and a black Prisma pencil and then mounted them on bits of acetate so that they bob about.

Tilda has been coloured with Copics and a black Prisma pencil for the shading.  And there we are.

Hope you have a lovely bonfire night - stay safe!

Hugs

Tracey T x

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Great layout. I hadn't thought of cutting out the Cuttlebug embossed spooky house - good call. Thanks for joining us at the MSL challenge this time, please come see us again real soon. C2

Pop's Cards said...

FAB!!! loving the colours and papers you have used, gorgeous hugs Pops x

Sheri said...

Oh gosh...so many fantastic details...love everyone of them! Thank you so much for joining us at MSL! :)

CraftyC said...

Wow Tracey, what a cool card. Love the look and fab colours.
Have a fab weekend and enjoy the fireworks.
ps; card went in post today!
Clairex

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

I don't really do halloween .. .. but I can appreciate the amount of work you have put into this creation.

Love your little bats!!!

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx