Saturday, 26 February 2011

Lovely hAnglar Only - Take Two Challenge

Isn't it just wonderful when you get some "me" time, when you can forget everything else that's going on in your life for a while and just make something.  It's been a funny old week but I actually managed to make a few cards and I know you'll understand when I say how much better I feel for being able to do that.

Plus the sun is shining.  Yes, it's actually out, in Scotland, shining.  Amazing.  And because the light is 100% better than it's been for months, I was able to take some almost decent photos of my cards. Not a bad start to the weekend (she says, trying not to look at the windows and kitchen floor, which are pleading for attention).

Anyway, here is the first of two cards for today and it's destined for the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge, which is "Take Two" - in other words, you need to have two hAnglar stamps on your card. 


 

I decided on an easel card as I haven't made one for a while but wanted to change the shape a bit.  So, I stamped me hAnglars, cut them out with a Go Kreate large circle and stuck them on a doily (one of Tesco's finest!).  The image is coloured with Copics and edged with the faintest hint of Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


The papers are from the Panduro Tilda Wintergarden pad which I got from Cuddly Buddly and the jotting spot and sentiment are cut from the same pad.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Right, time to get on with some housework.  If I get a wiggle on I should be back later with my second card of the day. What a pleasure!

Enjoy your Saturday,

Tracey x

7 comments:

Faye said...

Oh Tracey, I think this card is gorgeous. I love the rich colours and all the shapes. My flippin' tescos never has doilies! And of course your Hanglars are totally delish. I so know what you mean about shutting yourself away and making something. Are you ok hun? xxx

Unknown said...

This is stunning hunnie.. love the lush colours xx

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous easel card - love the images and the colours are just lush. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wow what a stunner this is its gorgeous I love the colour & the shape is fabulous hun. You know I will love your hanglars they look awesome. Do you know I've still not done anything with mine yet isn't that shocking.....I need a damn good cyber kick.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Nicolchen said...

your card is simply wonderful...fantastic design :0)))

thanks for playing wit us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

An Occasional Genius said...

Honestly when I saw this I gasped! It is beautiful hon, you are one talented lady. The deep rich colours are wonderfu & oh I could go on for hours! Making cards this good, we'll forgive you for your windows & floors!!!!

Take care hon, hugs xx

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Tracey, a gorgeous shape and love the stamps!
Clairexx