Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Pastels

First of all, thank you everyone who has so kindly sent their "warm" thoughts - I'm pleased to say that my boiler is fixed and we are now nice and cosy again!  When I think back to my childhood days of no heating in the house other than a coal fire in the sitting room, I really do wonder how I survived! 

Anyway, on to my card for today.  I managed to make something for this week's Just Magnolia challenge - just my sort of theme - Pastels!  I'm not totally thrilled with the way it's turned out, but I was just happy to get some crafting time earlier this week, as it's been in short supply lately.


I wish I could remember who makes this paper - it could be Melissa Frances - but I really like the soft blue and green shades.  In fact I kept the layout fairly simple as I didn't want to cover it up too much!  I coloured Tilda with Copics and cut her out with an oval Nestie and I then stuck her on top of a scalloped oval cut from Coredinations Whitewash card. Tilda's balloon has had a coat of Glossy Accents to make it nice and shiny. I used some tulle, a ribbon bow and some roses in the top left hand corner and added the same soft green roses from Wild Orchid Crafts underneath Tilda's feet.  Finally I put a Sizzix rub on message in the bottom left corner.

I'm off to get a nice hot bath now!  What bliss!

Hope to see you again before the end of the week if I can finish the two works in progress I've got on the go!

Hugs

Tracey

8 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Hope you enjoyed that bath LOL!!!

We were without hot water and a bathroom for a couple of weeks. It makes you appreciate what we take for granted doesn't it!

As a child we only had a coal fire and would wake up in the morning to ice "inside" the windows. Brrrr!!!

Love your sweet card and yes those papers are gorgeous. Beautiful colours.

Love Jules xx

Faye said...

Hello Lovely. You had no heating! Eeeurgh, not good, glad you're all toasty again.
This is a perfectly pretty card and very you. I love the soft colours and little details, like the shiny ballon and how you've placed the image to highlight the fabby paper.
Good luck with the other two projects. xxx

CraftyC said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey. Love those papers and Tilda is beautifully coloured. Enjoy the rest of your crafting!
Clairexx

An Occasional Genius said...

Hope you're out the bath now hon else you'll be all wrinkly lol! Your card is just perfect with beautiful soft colours & a very sweet image. Glad your boiler is fixed now & you're keeping all cosy. Hugs xx

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card & you've colored Tilda so wonderfully ... Love the DP & I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up that gorgeous paper.
Hugs, Janie

Elise said...

Hello Tracey! Gosh, this is soooo pretty! I love your colouring and that paper is soooo beautiful! :) I'm glad to hear that you're nice and warm again! My goodness .. I get so cold easily .. can't imagine myself without a heater! :( hehe!

Hugs,
Elise

An Occasional Genius said...

A little something on my blog for you xx

Vivi Casale said...

very pretty card!! love this pastel color!
Thank you so much for joining us at MSL!
Vivi and MSL DT!