Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Lovely hAnglar Only Challenge - A Sketch

My little mermaids arrived from hAnglar and StAnglar a little while ago and I've been desparate to use them!  The sketch challenge at Lovely hAnglar Only seemed the perfect excuse to ink them up.


I opted for some green toned paper from Prima and layered this with some Coredinations whitewash card, putting faux stitching around the edges (not sure that it shows in the photos) using a white gel pen.  I stamped the main image and then masked it so that I could stamp over the top of it.  I used the seaweed stamp from the same set and stamped using Versamark ink.  I then went over the background with some green chalk so make the seaweed show up. 




I coloured with my little mermaid with Copics before giving her tail, top and headband a good sprinkling of Glamour Dust. I then made some bubbles by dotting Glossy Accents around the background.



For the finishing embellies I added tiny pearls, roses and a crystal spray, all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The crystal embellie is instead of a sentiment, as I don't know who is going to get this card yet! (Hope this is OK.)

I really enjoyed putting this card together and the stamp was a joy to colour.

Hope you're all having a good week!

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Vicky said...

So adorable Tracey....gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured and your flowers are so pretty too hun!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

sara said...

gorgeous card i love those colours what a sweetie she is thank you so much for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
hugs sara x

Claire said...

This is such a sweet card Tracey. Love the greens. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

Oh this is lovely. Fab, soft aqua colours, the touch of bling is giving a super effect and I LUUUUUURVE the seaweed! xxx

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey. This is such a pretty card. Love the colours and the crystals look beautiful!
Clairexx

xxxtglxxx said...

Awww, Tracey, this is gorgeous! I havent seen this image before, but its adorable! :) Fabulous colouring and beautiful embellies and details.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, its been great to spend a little time catching up tonight with my favourite blogs. I am well on the mend, and hope a couple more days will see me right :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vicky said...

WOW....gorgeous card sweetie this is awesome I sooooo love your hanglar the sparkle is lush. Its all lush sweetie!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

beautiful card tracey.the image is so sweet and i love your fabulous colours and sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Marina said...

Your card is wonderful!
I love the colours and papers and they fit perfectly with this cute image.

Thanks for playing with us at "lovely hÄnglar only" again,

hugs,
Marina

sallysbitz2 said...

This is gorgeous, love the image & colours x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com