Sunday, 30 October 2011

How many weeks until Christmas?

Well, we've had our extra hour and, just like every year, the weekend flew by regardless. Anyway, I made this card a couple of days ago and it fits the Just Magnolia "Merry Christmas" challenge perfectly! I'm trying to get my Christmas cards done but I've already given in and ordered cards from John Lewis (oh the joys of the internet!) as I just know I'm not going to have time to make all that I need.  


As you can see, I've been shopping (again) and I have to say, the new Magnolia Christmas stamps are possibly the best collection ever - certainly the best in a wee while.  I bought a few stamps and - forgive me, my friends, for I have sinned - I ordered a couple more the other day!  They are just so lovely and a dream to colour.

So this is a new Tilda, coloured with Copics and sprinkled with Glamour Dust.  The papers are Basic Grey and the sentiment is years old - an All My Memories sticker from the days before I knew what a stamp was!  I cut out a Sizzix heart from some chipboard and painted it with Picket Fence paint before dabbing it with Walnut Stain ink.  I quite like the effect and will make a few more like this when I get the chance.  The ribbon is from my stash (Making Memories, I think) and I've noticed that in the photo it looks like it's coming unstuck!  Will need to remedy this before I send it to someone!

I sprayed some Wild Orchid Crafts roses with French Vanilla Chalkboard Glimmer Mist to get a good match with my papers.  I usually put my flowers inside an eggbox to spray them and my hens' eggs go into very posh-looking boxes as a result!

It's going to be another busy week - Gregor is going to be 12 on Wednesday (eek! what happened to my baby!) and we're full-on at school as my Higher class have their first NABS.  I'll do my best to do another post before the weekend but apologies in advance if life gets in the way!

Have a lovely week - I do appreciate you coming to visit me and your lovely comments do wonders for my morale!

Big hugs

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

aww...this is gorgeous!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey...love the colouring of Tilda, such a beautiful green.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

What a delicious card Tracey ! I love this little Tilda and the DP are gorgeous ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Tracey - lovely image and fabby papers. Hugs, Claire x

Home sweet home said...

Wonderful and gorgeous card.:)

Jacqui P said...

Wow beautiful card Tracey! Just love your layout and colouring, my Logan is 14 next wednesday!! double eek!! Lol!! still at least I have someone to open the jam when hubby is away!!!
hugs
Jacqui x

coops said...

gorgeous card tracey.the image is really sweet and fabulous colours :D

xx coops xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun..
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Sandra said...

Delightful Christmas card
Sandra x

An Occasional Genius said...

Right, I've meant to suggest this before but can't remember if I actually did....I challenge you to join me at Bah Humbug next year & make a Christmas each week! Then you'll be very prepared. What do you say? And keep it polite please lol!

Onto more important things, I hope Gregor had a great birthday & last but so definitely not least....your card is beautiful. I did laugh at the thought of your 'customised' egg boxes though lol! xx