Saturday, 15 October 2011

Sweet Stampin' - Masculine!

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'!  This week's theme is Masculine.

Now many of you will know that I dread making cards for boys/men.  I like my flowers and ribbons and girlie stuff too much.  Thank goodness, then, for this Mo Manning image.  Not too butch/manly but masculine nonetheless!


I also decided that rather than make a card, I'd make a gift bag for a change.  I'd bought some Papermania bags from the Glitterpot a little while ago and thought they would be a good way to use up the leftovers in some of my 12"x12" paper pads.  The glitter paper is from a Christmas MME pad and the newspaper printed DP is a more recent a very strokeable purchase, also MME.  The ribbons are from my stash.


Finally, I added a miniature image to a gift tag to go with the bag.


As ever, the Sweeties have some gorgeous creations to inspire you, so do hop over to Sweet Stampin' and check them out!

Have a lovely weekend,

Tracey xx

15 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

I love this bag Tracey. It's beautifully done & I really ♥ those papers! How's the weather up there? Gorgeously sunny here, got the washing on the line & thinking about popping out for a spot of sunbathing lol!

Enjoy your weekend hon xx

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

This is gorgeous .. .. I love it very, very much!!!

Your image is coloured beautifully and I love your paper choices too. The newsprint looks super scrummy.

I bought this image a while ago and haven't put it to good use yet .. .. might nearly be time to make amends!!!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is gorgeous i so love the colours hugs pops x x

Claire said...

Brilliant gift bag and what a great image too! Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

This is fabulous Tracey...

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

fabulous gift bag tracey.i really love the fab image and your papers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Fiona said...

fab bag Tracey, boy/male cards are not my thing either...but i suppose that's why we call it a challenge...great job!!

Fi
x

Fiona said...

fab card Tracey...boys/male cards are not my thing either but I suppose that's why they call it a challenge....great job!!

fi
x

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, those bags are really useful, will have to get some of those.

Pam x

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, this is just such a great bag! The image is brilliant and I love the way you've put everything together. Makes me think I should branch out and make something other than cards (and the very occasional LO) sometimes! Sarah

helloholley said...

cute gift bag.....love the matching tag too!!! I just love the image too!! ;)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, what a great gift bag .. and that image is really so fun, love it xxx

Faye said...

This is a lovely bag. Fab image, really different for you. xxx

Mina said...

wow wow wow Tracey, you used Mo's fabulous image to sheer perfection, what a fantastic idea too...I love it
Mina xxx

Jane said...

This is gorgeous Tracey!! Love the image and gorgeous papers! hugs, Jane x