Sunday, 11 March 2012

Can't Wait for Spring...

Sunday evening already - I just don't know where the weekend has gone!  I thought I'd quickly post this card while dinner is in the oven as I don't know how much time I'll have to get online over the coming week.

First though I need to let you know that we have a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'.  This week we want to see "Lots of Layers" on your projects.  For those of you who don't normally "do" layers, our lovely Sweetie Janneke has provided an optional sketch - I think I'll be using this time and time again.  So do hop over and see what Team Fi have made.  As usual there are some fabulous prizes on offer!

Now for today's share:


I made this for the new challenge over at Lili's Little Fairies, which is "Ribbon and Lace". I've kept the layout very simple as the Basic Grey DP is a bit busy and I wanted the super-cute image to stand out.  the Lili of the Valley image is coloured with Copics and the image mat has been splodged with some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I added a Cheery Lynn die cut doily and some lace and ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts and the Ribbon Girl respectively. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts too, as are the pearls.

So there is it, nothing fancy but I wanted to make something that I could keep for emergencies - I can always add a sentiment later if I need to.

Off to give dinner a stir (lamb tagine - I have to say, it's smells rather lovely).

Hope you all have a fab week. 

Hugs,

Tracey

8 comments:

Fiona said...

another fab card Tracey....you've been having a productive day!!

Fi
x

catherine said...

Love this card Tracey and a fave image of mine. beautiful colours
x catherine

Kim said...

Tracey love this image! you colored her so cut too! perfect.

Chrissy said...

What an adorable little poppet Tracey, gorgeous colouring, such a sweet cute card...

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

wow,so stunning tracey.gorgeous colours and details and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

I adore this image Tracey ! And you have coloured it to perfection ! What a fantastic card ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Tracy said...

Cute, CUTE! The red just pops on this card. Great coloring job!

xxxtglxxx said...

I LOVE this cute wee dumpling! :) My fave LOTV image and you have coloured it beautifully. Gorgeous card.

hugs

xxalisonxx