Saturday, 3 March 2012

Cute as a Bug!

Hello! It's time for another challenge over at Sweet Stampin'! This week we've chosen the theme of nature, bugs and ladybirds to get us all feeling a bit more like Spring might finally be on the way!



I made an easel card to show off the gorgeous K & Co paper, which is from their Watercolour pad. I love these papers! I punched the edges with a Martha Stewart PATP punch to get a nice lacy look, then I added a strip of yellow ribbon over the top of the contrasting DP (from the same pad) and machine stitched the edges .

I stamped Bee Tilda onto ivory card, masked her with a post it note and stamped the jar over the top. Masking can be a bit hit and miss for me, but I'm quite pleased with the way this turned out!



I coloured Tilda with Copics and added Glamour Dust to her wings. I put a bit of Distress Ink around the edge of the image, which I cut out with an oval Go Kreate die. To add a faint gold trail for the little bee I used an old Sakura gel pen so irl it has a slightly raised effect. The "jotting spot" is cut from a Doohickey die and has been edged with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Last but not least, on went a selection of roses and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Punches
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes + optional stitching

Housework calls now, followed by a bit more marking, I think.  I really must make a couple of cards over the next couple of days, so I'm trying to get all the boring jobs out of the way. 

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for Lovely hAnglar Only!  Enjoy your day!

Hugs

Tracey xx

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, its soooo pretty. Hope you have a fab Saturday. Wedgie xxx

Faye said...

This is cute as a bug and yellow is my fav colour, so it's a winner for me. Have a fab weekend. xxx

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Tracey, love the image and the papers are just so pretty
Clairexx

Kim said...

Beautiful card, I love that paper you used, so pretty!
Imagine how much we could get accomplished if we did not have to clean the house, do laundry, etc hahaha!

Anonymous said...

This is so so adorable Sweetie ! I love those pretty papers and the little Tilda is too cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i really love your colours and the tilda is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

So beautiful Tracey....

have a lovely evening sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

Doreen said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the little Tilda - so sweet.
Hugs
Doreen

Have a nice Sunday ;)

An Occasional Genius said...

Your masking is stunning my dear! I thought that image was all one! A gorgeous card sweetie, hope you got the better of the housework, any progress on the self propelling vacuum?

Hugs xx

catherine said...

This is so beautiful and delicate Tracey. Love the lacy effect and the colours are stunning. hope your having a good weekend
x catherine

Jenny said...

Such a super card. I love that edging border! x

Tracy said...

You should be happy with this Tracey. :-) You did a great job with the masking. That can get tricky at times, but what better place for a little bee but atop a honey jar. :-) Lovely coloring and pretty papers too. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow what a happy fun card Love it .
Hugs Elaine