Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Spring Colours

It's my friend's daughter's birthday tomorrow and I've been busy making a card in suitably Spring-like colours.  My new Tim Holtz Distress Pens arrived last week and I actually got to play with them over the weekend!  My first few attempts at colouring went straight into the bin but I'm happier with this one - I still need much more practice but I'm getting there, I think!




I used a lovely Lili of the Valley fairy stamp and coloured her with the Timmy Distress Pens, a paintbrush and some water.  I found this so much easier than using the reinkers, particularly for shading.  I was fairly liberal with the Glamour Dust, which went on her wings, the thistles, her skirt and her hairband!

The papers are from the Julianna pad by K & Co and these were (wonkily!) stitched onto cream card. Over the top of the DP went some American Crafts velvet ribbon, which you can just about see. As the papers are quite busy I didn't overdo the embellies, so I just added some roses and some pearls from Wild Orchid crafts, together with a little paper butterfly I made using a Martha Stewart punch.

Here's a photo giving you a peek at the inside:


I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Lili's Little Fairies - Butterflies and Fairies

Deep Ocean Challenge - Butterflies (hope the butterfly wings and the punched butterfly are enough!)

Before I go I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to the lovely Jacqui at Lili's Little Fairies and the fabulous ladies at The Ribbon Girl.  I was lucky enough to be the randomly chosen winner at Lili's Little Fairies last week and my prize was a little bundle from the Ribbon Girl.  The envelope arrived at the weekend and my goodness, what a beautiful surprise it was.  Gorgeous pink ribbons, the prettiest little buttons and some pearl-headed pins - I was over the moon. 

Can I also remind those of you who like your hAnglar stamps that the  Lovely hAnglar Only challenge is up and running again.  The winners are chosen by the Design Team and we have some fabulous sponsors on board.  Our new challenge theme is Die Cuts and Punches so do join in with us if you can.

Right, I'm off to try and get an early night!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Mary J said...

Tracey, that is ADORABLE! Gorgeous, fresh, pretty - what's not to like?!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a precious card Tracey ! The colours are so fresh and lovely and the image is really sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey, another beautiful card and love the spring colours. Enjoy your week
Clairexx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, superb colouring, love the papers they are just beautiful.My favourite colour is yellow, beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card love the image & the colours. I think you have done a fabulous job with new pens I hate changing pens....altho there are some I want to try when they come to the uk lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

I think the colouring looks great Tracey! Such a gorgeous card & the inside looks stunning too. Hugs xx

Vicky said...

So very pretty Tracey...love the image and such a pretty colour too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Home sweet home said...

Beautiful and so sweet card,Hugs Merethe

coops said...

so stunning tracey.gorgeous colours and i love the image and fab design :D

xx coops xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I adore this card! Stunning. Gorgeous papers, colours and blooms and your colouring with those new pens looks awesome!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Oh i so love this card, the coloring is just fabulous!

Love Mickaela