Wednesday, 21 March 2012

This one's for you, Abi!

Two posts during the working week - can you tell I'm ready for the Easter holidays! I wanted to show you this card, which I made after seeing the challenge theme over at Magnolia Stamp Lovers.  They want the focus of the card to be a Magnolia sentiment.  Hmm... I had to think about this one, as I only have a couple of Magnolia sentiments and they are quite small.  Then, as I was visiting Abi's blog,  I remembered this Christmas text ...
The sentiment was stamped using brown Staz On ink and cut out with a Go Kreate circle die.  I inked the edges with some Walnut Stain DI and put the circle on top of a Joanna Sheen cream diecut.  

I felt the text was more in keeping with a traditional looking card, so I kept the layout very simple.  I used paper from an MME Christmas pack, ribbons from my stash and dark green roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The pearls are also from WOC and were originally white until they met a green Copic marker!

And the title of this post?  Well, my lovely blogging pal Abi is SO organised and makes her gorgeous Christmas cards throughout the year.  I don't think I have ever made a Christmas card as early in the year as this, so I feel I owe it to Abi to dedicate the card to her, parrticularly as it was while I was admiring one of her Christmas creations that I remembered about this stamp!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Magnolia Sentiment Only
Just Magnolia & hAnglar &StAnglar - Green

Just a couple of bits of marking to do, then hopefully I'll be able to get some more colouring done! Hope you're all having a good week.

Hugs,

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Tracy said...

This is so elegantly beautiful Tracey. Such a pretty composition and the sentiment is lovely. Someone will enjoy getting this card very much. Hugs! :-)

Home sweet home said...

Lovely, love the flowers.
Hugs Merethe

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Tracey ! I love the die cut and your embellies are just perfect ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

coops said...

so stunning traey.really stylish and elegant :D

xx coops xx

CraftyC said...

Looks gorgeous Tracey, a very elegent card!!
Clairexx

Rachel said...

Fab card Tracey, very elegant. Abi is very organised isn't she! Wedgie xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh that is a fab sentiment! :) Gorgeous, elegant and stylish card hun - this is beautiful!

hugs

xxalisonxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh what an honour, I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible lol.....!!!! I'm so glad I was able to inspire you sweetie & this deserves it's Top 3 spot, so beautiful! xx