Sunday, 28 October 2012

Hallowe'en Tilda

I'm getting myself ready to go back to school tomorrow and thought I'd take a break to show you a wee Hallowe'en creation.



I cut a fancy border from black glitter card using a Martha Stewart PATP, then layered Bazzill cardstock and black DP (Basic Grey Eerie, I think).   I painted Tilda using Distress Markers and cut her out.  I stamped the moon from the Magnolia Sports/Space collection and painted that using Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  Now for the fun part: after covering everything in sight with newspaper, I masked the moon with a post-it and squirted the watercolour card square with various Glimmer Mists - Charcoal, Pearl and Dazzling Diamonds.  I also sprinked a little bit of Glamour Dust here and there. The end result is quite effective irl.

I cut the swirls (Memory Box) and bats (CC Designs) from the same black glitter card; I had to chop up the swirls a bit to get them to go in the direction I wanted.  You can't tell from the photo, but Tilda is mounted on a piece of coiled wire so that she bobs about on her broomstick!

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Dieing for a Challenge - Hallowe'en
Live and Love Crafts - Hallowe'en/Autumn Colours
Simply Magnolia - Sparkle and Swirls

It was lovely having an extra hour this morning, but it's only mid-afternoon and it's nearly dark!  Time to light the fire, I think.

Hugs

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow awesome design and fab colouring style, how did you get a MS punch to punch glitter cardstock I find it hard to cut anything with them lol,
hugs Liz xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Tracey!

Hope the first day back isn't too painful for either of you ;)

Susan x

Unknown said...

Ooooh that is just brilliant! Love the sparkle and your layout. Coloured perfectly as well.

We're just starting half-term here. I've got a whole week of unimaginable joy here yet to come!!

Sarah

nicolet said...

Boo...this Halloween card is cool!
Hugs Nicolet

Tracy said...

Fantastic Halloween card Tracey, lovin' all the sparkles! Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia this week. Tracy xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Tracey,I love the background, it is fantastic and Tilda looks gorgeous flying along up there..fabulous edging too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faye said...

Ooooooh, this is a super spooky make. I love the details, they look wonderful. X

coops said...

so stunning tracey.love your bckground and fab spooky tilda :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo gorgeous Tracey ! Love the background and the die cut frame is beautiful ! Great colouring too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey,
Awesome job on the background and what a great scene with Tilda. Thanks for joining LLC for our October challenge (sorry I'm so late commenting) - hope to see you again this month!


Hugz,
Sandy

Michelle Short said...

Thsi is stunning, I love how you have done the background especially,

Thank you for joining in with the DTDF challenge this month,
Michelle x