Saturday, 13 October 2012

Woo Hoo! Yay! and all that...

It's the holidays and boy, am I ready for them! I'm looking forward to getting some quality time with the Boy Wonder and working my way through my list of things to do in preparation for that thing in December which starts with a C!

Another cause for celebration is that it's Saturday and that means a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'!  This week we'd like to see your take on Autumn Leaves and/or Trees.  I usually love this time of year although I know that for some of you lately the weather has been causing all sorts of problems.  I do hope you're all cosy, safe and warm.

Here's my DT card:




I painted Tilda with my Distress Markers and added a metal corner from Wild Orchid Crafts, which I'd splodged with Picket Fence Distress Stain.  The paper is from the Basic Grey Curio pad; I love the fact that these papers all have a slightly distressed edge to them, which I've just roughed up a bit with the Timmy thingy.  The chipboard corners (wish I could remember where these came from) have also had a coat of Distress Stain and a dab of ink too.  I used some Basic Grey fibres and a strip of lace to break up the DT a bit.  The flowers and leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the Doohickey heart has had a good rub down with an inky piece of foam!

Hope you can join in the fun with us this week. We have a fabulous prize on offer from this week's sponsors Lili of the Valley:



Off to do the housework now.  Can think of plenty of things I'd rather be doing but at least today once it's done I should be able to find some time to make a card or two.

Have a lovely day.

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Faye said...

This is another gorgeous autumn themed card. Love the really rich feeling you have created. X

Claire said...

A lovely Autumnal card Tracy - love the colours. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Tracey.

Housework? On a Saturday? You crazy woman!

Susan x

Rachel said...

Oh no! Hope you've finished the housework! Bor-ing! :-)

Gorgeous card Tracey....love the image and all your embellishments.
Wedgie xxx

coops said...

wow so stunnning tracey.really love your lush colours and gorgeous image and colouring ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome Tracey ! Love the colours you have chosen and the distressed look ! Love the flowers and the image too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jenny said...

So gorgeous Tracey. Love these fabulous autumn tones and those little embellishments are a perfect touch. hugs x

Natali said...

Beautiful card Tracey. Really autumn colours )) I am even feeling this wind )) Gorgeous lace and all details with lovely Tilda.
Hugs
Natali