It's been an interesting week. The Boy Wonder and I headed off to Edinburgh to meet up with our Sweetie pals. In spite of getting hopelessly lost in the maze of roadworks (it took longer to find our way to the zoo than it did to get from home to Edinburgh!) we had a lovely day - it was fabulous to see everyone again.
Wednesday wasn't quite what we'd got planned: the electricity circuit board kept tripping and we couldn't find what was causing the problem - until the boiler went "pop!". After a slight panic when the boiler people said it might be next Tuesday before they could send anyone out, we were highly relieved and grateful when the boiler man arrived yesterday afternoon. Oh, the joy of a hot shower!
Anyhoo... I really should tell you about the new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' which started today. The theme is By The Sea/Ocean and here's what I made:
I thought it would make a change to use a side stepper card base. I layered up the Maja paper with foam tape to give it some depth and used a Memory box die to cut the waves border. The images are both Magnolia, coloured with Copics and the bow was made from the fabric used to hold together a set of tea towels I bought from the Aldi!
Do hop over to Sweet Stampin' and check out the fabby cards my teamies have made. Sir Stampalot is our sponsor this week, with 2 stamps to give away and the Ribbon Girl are sponsoring our monthly prize draw once again.
Enjoy your weekend!
Tracey xx
12 comments:
Wow Tracey, I love this card! Great layout!
Hope you're keeping well.
Wedgie xxx
Stunning stepper card, Tracey! Fabulous images and design!
Glad your boiler is fixed... cold showers are nasty!!!:)
Chris
x
Wow this is just gorgeous Tracey! love your colouring and a brilliant shaped card! We've got the wind today (weather not beans induced!! Lol!!) had to chase the BBQ across the garden not a good look!!
Hugs
Jacqui xx
Love the scene you have created and your beautiful colouring. Hugz
Oh Tracey... As usual you have created the most gorgeous card ! Love the waves and the ribbon... You rock Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
so stunning tracey.really fabulous design and details and i love the sweet image :D
xx coops xx
such a fabulous card Tracey. looks like you had a great time meeting up and I hope all your water problems have been sorted. I'm having to wait till Tuesday for a new fan for the boiler!!
x catherine
This is absolutely wonderful. I adore the stamps you used, but it's your coloring that makes these stamps gorgeous. Beautiful colors, great stamps, wonderful card!!!! --Gail
Well Tracey, this card is amazing. How creative, love the style and your image choices, all in all it's a beauty. Glad the boiler men came and that your water is running hot again, Jx
What cuteness! Fab colouring and I love the wave detail. Hope you have had a great summer, you must head back to school soon? x
What a Great Design! Awesome Colours and Colouring Loooove it to bits!
Oh my, You make gorgeous cards Tracey!
Sandy
Post a Comment