Merry Christmas is the theme for this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I'm feeling more harrassed than merry, to be honest, but I think once we finally break up from school and I can get my decorations up, I'll be more in the Christmas spirit.
I thought I'd do something non-traditional this time and got my much-neglected Papertrey Ink stamps out to create the background in soft tones of pigment ink. The die cut sentiment is made from a Mama Elephant die, layered up and coloured with a silver marker before being given a coating of Glossy Accents. A few sequins for some extra sparkle and the job was done. In fact, even allowing for the drying time of the pigment inks this card was reasonably quick to make - so much so, in fact, that I think I'm going to get a little production line on the go and get ahead with my cards for 2016! You can remind me of this when I'm ordering my cards from John Lewis again next year!
I do hope you'll be able to find the time to play along with us this week. As ever, the Sweeties have made the most lovely inspiration projects and what's more, we're being sponsored by the fabulous Crafty Ribbons.
I'm hoping to get some crafting done over the holiday period to make up for my lack of creative time this year. This having to work for a living malarkey really does interfere with your hobbies, doesn't it?
Huge hugs
Tracey xx
5 comments:
Gorgeous pastel brush strokes Tracey, it's a lovely CAS card. Enjoy the weekend!
Love and hugs
Maarit
I love your card Tracey ! Chic and elegant ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
I love this card Tracey, the inky background is fabulous and I love the silver pen and glossy accents treatment on the diecut sentiment. Awesome Christmas card hun and the sequins are the perfect finish. Popping in to wish you a super happy, gorgeous, joyful, fabulous Christmas Tracey. Big hugs, Wends x
Love this Tracey, so very classy!
School is finished now, hope you have time to relax and de-stress before the big day. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Chris
x
It's a beautiful card!
Hope you had a lovely day today (yesterday now) Lots of love from all of us to all of you for a very Merry Christmas xxx
Post a Comment