Sunday, 3 October 2010

Peachy Pink Christmas or the Mystery of the Unknown Paper ...

Not so long ago I bought quite a few new papers for my stash (no change there then) and matched them all with Bazzill card.  What bliss!  However, now that I have used one of the gorgeous new purchases I have no idea what the make is or even where I bought it from! I've even been reviewing my past purchases online to see if I can spot it, but I can't.  If I knew where I'd bought it from that would be a start, but I can't remember. Now is that a sign of age or is it a sign that I buy quite a bit of paper from quite a lot of different places?  Anyway, the card is finished and I'm still no nearer to naming the paper.


So, for my card I used the mystery paper and its matching Bazzill and followed Bev's sketch for the Lili of the Valley challenge.  I used both sides of the paper and I have to say I do like the peachy-pink colour. I coloured my LotV image with Copics and gave it a good dose of Glamour Dust.  I used a Nestie snowflake set to cut out my shapes from glitter card and added a Dovecraft brad to the one on the bottom left of the card.  These brads are such good value - much cheaper than most but very good quality.  I just hope I can find some more!  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts ( I wanted to use a peach and white rose which matched the paper perfectly, but it was too big) and the ribbon is from my stash (All My Memories, I think).  The sentiment is from a past Magnolia Christmas collection.

I'm entering this card in the Lili of the Valley weekly challenge and also in the CES Challenge, which this week has the theme of "Get a Hat".

Hope your Sunday is going well.  So far I've managed to get my ironing done and I've finished my school work, so I might just be able to make a card this afternoon.  I can't go and tidy up in the garden because it's flooded from all the rain we've had (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs,

Tracey x

5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley hugs Pops x xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Tracey and the colours are just beautiful. Love the papers but I'm wiser as to what they are. Thanks for taking part in both the CES & LOTV Challenges!
Clairexx

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

A really beautiful card.

I love your cute image and lovely sentiment. You mystery backing paper sets it all off a treat.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card really pretty & your image is lush. Love your snowflakes.
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges.

Hugs Vicky xx

Sue B said...

I really like your card. The Christmas Candle Stamp can look so different depending on colour scheme. The peachy pink look is lovely.
Sue x