Friday, 26 November 2010

Snowflakes - how appropriate!

Given the weather that some parts of the UK are having right now it seems more than appropriate to make a card with one or two snowflakes.  I must admit that I haven't had much time to spend on my cards this week as we're now well and truly into the exam period (72 papers to mark this weekend - what a pleasure!).  However, I wanted to do something for the Lovely hAnglar Only Challenge, which is "Snowflakes".




I haven't actually had to do too much to make this card as the gorgeous Fancy Pants paper did most of the work for me.  I used red Bazzill for my base, then matted the Fancy Pants paper onto cream cardstock, adding a little Basic Grey border along the bottom.

The snowflakes were cut from acetate using a Nestie die and a Martha Stewart punch.  I covered them with Stickles and while this was still wet added some Twinklets.  Hope you can see them clearly!  The little silver centres were from Quixotic Paperie (I think).

My hAnglar stamp has been coloured with Copics - I use this one a lot as it's from one of my favourite collections.

So, not rocket science, but at least I've got something to enter in the challenge.  I was hoping to get some crafting done this weekend but it looks now like work is going to take over ...

It's freezing here, but fortunately no snow (yet).  Gregor's school was closed today because their boiler was broken, so thanks are due to my lovely pal Marianne who looked after him for me - I don't know where I'd be without my mates!

Whatever you're doing this weekend, stay warm, cosy and safe!  Maybe this will finally be the weekend we say goodbye to Wagner - I'll be so sad if another talented youngster has to go instead. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Tracey T x

1 comment:

Mina said...

perfect card for this cute little hAnglar boy Tracey, I dont think you could have used him any better
Mina xxx