Friday, 22 April 2011

hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge - No DP!

I'll admit that my heart sank when I first saw the challenge over at hAnglar and StAnglar - no DP, make your own!  As someone who is addicted to buying paper I couldn't face the thought of not being able to use any and as a result thought I wouldn't enter the challenge this fortnight.

However, while messing about with my Stempelglede stamps I had a brainwave and have managed to make a card after all!  I cut some squares of rough watercolour paper and covered them with brown ink using my grunge stamps and then went round the edges with distress ink.  I used these squares to cover the front and inside of my card.  I then stamped my new and utterly wonderful new Lili of the Valley purchases, namely the postcard and letter, onto more rough watercolour card and again inked round the edges.




My new hAnglar kit had already arrived (such quick delivery from Sweden) and I couldn't wait to ink up the sailor stamps, so I stamped and coloured the hAnglar boy in shades of brown using my Copics.  I distressed the edges and fixed the stamped panel on top of the letter and postcard using 3D sticky fixers.




I always struggle with boys cards as I never know what embellies to use, but as the background is so busy I've gone for just one button and a bow.



I don't think I'll ever be cured of my paper addiction, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed putting this together and I'm pleased that I tried something new.

Hope you've had a lovely day!

Hugs,
Tracey xx

10 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Tracey...this is amazing!! Your backing paper is fabulous..I wouldn't have bothered this one as I am rubbish at making my own.

I must get some of those stamps...they are so cute!!

Fi
x

Faye said...

What a TOTALLY fantastic card! I just love it. And you thought you wouldn't bother! Pah. xxx

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.your backing paper is stunning and i love the fab image and colours.
have a fab easter weekend :D

xx coops xx

Marina said...

Wooow! That's just gorgeous Tracey!
I love your wonderful card.

Thanks for joining us at "lovely hÄnglar only",

hugs and happy easter,
Marina

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey, love your card and what a great background. You've done a fab job and it looks gorgeous. Happy easter to you and yours!
Clairexx

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks so fab Tracey. I adore this cute image, and he looks wonderful in those colours. You did a great job of making your own backing paper too - brilliant.

have a great easter sunday,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vicky said...

Super gorgeous card hunni I soooo love the colours my sailor set arrived the other day so I sat colouring late last night lol.
Big congrats on your top 3 at hanglar with this hun you sooooo deserve it hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

Perfect boy's card! Wonderful job with the paper and design!

Elise said...

Oooh Tracey! I am so happy that you did this also! this is absolutely STUNNING! It looks even better than store bought paper! Ahhhh! This vintage look is MARVELOUS! What a gorgeous creation and congratulations on coming in at the top 3 in the challenge! Very well deserved!

Hugs,
Elise

An Occasional Genius said...

Wow, fabulous, marvellous, wonderful & I love it. xx