Saturday, 16 April 2011

Sweet Stampin' - Gimme Choklit!

Our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week is linked to a subject very close to my heart - CHOCOLATE!  I love the stuff and it's been quite hard this week to make my DT card without feeling constantly hungry!  Actually the Boy Wonder and I quite often have a "choklit nite" when we watch a film or favourite TV programme and here's a tip, girls, if you haven't tried Aldi's chocolate (yes, seriously) you're in for a treat.  We're not exactly blessed with shops here, but someone smiled on us when this shop and it's yummy chocolate arrived in town.  I'm talking about the Moser Roth stuff (I should be getting a commission for this, shouldn't I?) - they do quite a range, including a yummy milk one, plus dark chocolate and chilli and a very nice one which has a bit of a butterscotch thing going on.  No need to thank me, folks, just doin' my job.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be posting a card ... and here it is!



I saw this Kenny K image on Mina's blog and knew I had to have it (yes, I know I'm not supposed to be buying any more stash but these digis are such good value).  Most of my brown papers are really dark and I usually use them for matting, so I decided to combine brown and pink using these Basic Grey papers which I've had for quite a while.  I used my Martha Stewart PATP on the flowery paper but other than that kept things fairly simple.  The image has been coloured with Copics and the sentiment I just did on the computer.  Both had a splodge of distress ink - I was going for the sticky chocolate finger look!

I couldn't get a decent shot of the flowers, which are from Wild Orchid Crafts, so you won't be able to see that they've had a spritz of Coffee Glimmer Mist - well, I had to put a bit of sparkle in there!

Do come and play at Sweet Stampin' this week - follow the link to see what the other Sweeties have made - and if you get the chance, let me know what your favourite choccie is!

Big hugs

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Faye said...

Hello Sweetie, this card is brilliant. I love the image with this sentiment ad all the rich choklitty colours. Just a gorgoeus card. My fav has to be Galaxy. But ask me at any given time and you could get a different answer! ;) Have a great weekend my lovely. xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

She's fabulous hon, the papers really fit with the image & the sentiment is just hilarious! Remember with chocolate.... resistance is futile lol!!

I tried Lime & Sea Salt chocolate recently & it was lovely although I'm probably the only person in the world to say it wasn't salty enough for me!!! Try it if you get the chance xx

Fiona said...

fantastic!! love the image and that sentiment is just so perfect...awesome floral piece!!

Fi
x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this card is just fabulous it really is its like she was made for this card & the sentiment just goes perfectly....I really love this one & I think, I say THINK it could be my fave of your cards hun....gosh which is tough!!
I love choklit my fave has to be Dairy Milk tho & I'm sorry but that stuff they call white chocolate is NOT choklit....yuk!! lol.
Never tried Aldi's tho so will have to look out for that one.
Enjoy your weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Claire said...

I love this card Tracey - the image is just fab . Hugs, Claire x

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours that you have used, FAB big hugs pops x x x

CraftyC said...

HI Tracey, a fab card, love the image and colours.Done mention chocolate I'm supposed to be going back on my diet to loose the stone I lost last year and have put back on. Thats winter for you, and the box of Thorntons I treated myself to in Sainsburys. lol
Clairex

Janice said...

Great card, great sentiment too! Just read your from Scotland T... where abouts, I'm just north of Aberdeen. Jx

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Tracey :)

This is a great choccie card. I think the image is fab, and your patterned paper is perfect for the retro image. Great flowers too.

Now Im being totally honest here - but I think chocolate is over-rated and cant really find one I like :( It all seems to have been degraded over the years and doesnt taste of much else but sugar imo. I do like Toblerone though - but why does it have to be so hard to eat? :D Grump over ;) lol

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jules said...

Great card Tracey. Your image and sentiment go so well together.

Gorgeous papers.

Thank you for the little French lesson at the weekend with regards the dandelions. It my both me and my hubby laugh. Perhaps Mum knew more than she thought she did.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx