It's Saturday, so it must be time for another Sweet Stampin' Challenge! This week we'd like to see your creations on a foodie theme. Our sponsor this week is Bunny Zoe's (check out the gorgeousness of this online shop here!).
Here's what I did with some cupcake downloads from our monthly sponsor Prairie Fairy. I reduced the size of the cakes (well, it's not like I can eat them) so that they would fit on the cake stand. I kept the card pretty simple as I didn't want to overshadow the image, so I used Copics for colouring, loads of Glamour Dust and some Glossy Accents on the cakes. The DP is Pink Petticoat and the flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts. The doily (appropriate, huh?) was from Joanna Sheen and is a lovely size to use on 6"x6" cards.
Apols for the dodgy photo - I just couldn't get a decent piccie I'm afraid.
Will try to be back with another card later this weekend. We're off on a hedgerow/bug hunting thing this morning (please let it be dry and not too cold) for part of a project the Boy Wonder has to do for school.
Can I leave you with this classic from one of my classes this week? Picture the scene... we're talking about countries in Europe, trying to identify them on a map and lots of kids find this really hard, even at high school.
Me: "I wonder whether anyone knows what this country is?" (points to place on map)
Lots of random guessing, with answers ranging from Ghana to Belfast...
Child 1: "Miss, would that be Austria?"
And just as I'm about to say "Well done"
Child 2: "Austria? Is that no a bird?"
Me: "No, dear, that's an ostrich."
Bless. I love my job.
Hugs,
Tracey xx
14 comments:
Lol, lol, lol. I'm laughing at the ostrich! Fab card. Love, love, love the image, naturally and the soft, feminine colours. Very nice.
Have a great weekend. xxx
Ha, ha! Your class story is so cute! I'm a Brownie leader and so get lovely gems like that too! Fab card this week - I love your mini cupcake stand and all that fab glimmer. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Wedgie xxx
Hi Tracey, a yummy card you have made, love the colours. Enjoy your day out!
Clairex
Blown away by this one!!! I am now following your blog!
Michelle
http://youareglowing.blogspot.com
Hi sweetie gorgeous gorgeous card I'm drooling over them cakes hun.
Enjoy your day out doing your hunty thingy lol.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, i love the cute image, fab papers and colours too hugs pops x
gorgeous card tracey,the image is scrummy and i love your pretty colours :D
xx coops xx
Yum yum, this is gorgeous enough to eat, love it xxx
Oooh, yummy cupcakes! Love the cake stand too! x
Kids say the funniest things Lol You could write a book.
Your card is lush x
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com
Lol kids!!! haha! that made me laugh!
Beautiful card hun i wanna go make cupcakes now!! yummy! hugs carlyann xxx
A really tasty treat of a card Tracy!! too funny your story!! he he!! have been doing a bit of selling for your fab candy!! hope you don't mind!!;) not long till the hols now!!! good luck with your bug hunt!! rather you than me!!
Hugs
Jacqui P xx
How gorgeous, I love the things kids say, know wonder my g/kids keep me on my toes, they come out with some rippers.
Beautiful cupcakes, very pretty card.[gosh I'm having silly bloggger troubles, he keeps clicking me off in the middle of commenting, this is the furtherest I made it all week.
Luv CHRISSYxx
Kids are so funny!!! I love your card - so soft and feminine and lovely!!
Post a Comment