Friday, 28 October 2011

Boo!

Thought I'd do a very quick post to show you my one and only Halloween card this year! We don't do Halloween although when he was younger sometimes the Boy Wonder's friends would come over for an impromptu visit to show us their costumes and see whether we had any sweets!


I've kept the card fairly simple in terms of layout. Unfortunately I must have taken the photo at a funny angle as looking at the picture now it seems as if the MS PATP border is wonky!  I used Apothecary paper and cut a black Cheery Lynn doily die to sit behind the image.  The spiders are from a much older MME collection.  The image I've had for ages and she's a joy to colour.  I used Copics but added a bit of Antique Linen distress ink and a small Stempelglede stamp to try to make "mouldy" marks around the edge of the oval.  I added some black gems to the corners and went a bit mad with the bright orange Basic Grey fibre, but it's such nice stuff to play with!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:-


See you tomorrow with a new Sweet Stampin' challenge!

Hugs,

Tracey x


6 comments:

CraftyC said...

Fabulous card Tracey, so love the paper and beautiful fibres. Have a lovely weekend!
Clairex

Daniele said...

this is great Tracey, love the web background and the mould is a great fininshing touch....lol. Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment
hugs

coops said...

stunning card tracey.i love the cute witch and great backing paper and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What a darling card Tracey ! Oh I love the background and the image is so so sweet ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Claire said...

Fab card Tracey - love the backing paper. Hugs, Claire x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh i adore this card - the image is one I have been admiring myself and I love love love this DP x
Thanks for playing along with us at stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo