Saturday, 29 October 2011

Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes!

Good morning! Don't know about you, but I am SO glad it's the weekend. The first week back at school has been exhausting and I'm really looking forward to that extra hour on Sunday!

We've got a new challenge starting today over at Sweet Stampin' Towers and it's always a popular one - Anything Goes!  Yes, you can make whatever you like, as long as it's stamped! How easy is that?

Here's my little creation

Now you know that I like my hAnglars and my Maggies, but this little Sugar Nellie cutie has stolen my heart! She's been coloured with really pale copics and I've added lots of Stickles and Glamour Dust, together with some glitter that was free with a magazine.  Sadly the old photographic skills have let me down again as there appears to be some stray glitter on her chin.  I wanted to keep everything very pale and frosty looking so I stuck to palest pink and a little pale grey to lift the white.

The papers are Magnolia; the bottom layer is from the new Christmas collection and the top square is from a year or two ago.  I distressed the edges with Lord Timmy's distressing thingy and added Walnut Stain around the edges. A doily from Joanna Sheen, a glittery Doodlebug brad and some Wild Orchid Crafts pink roses (sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist) were the only other additions.

Dodgy glitter aside, I'm (unusually for me) rather pleased with this.  Wish I could look that serene!

Oh and a quickie from school this week.  We were asking visiting primary school children about their skills and talents.  "Football!" said most of the boys.  "Fishing" said another.  "Taming wild animals" said a tiny wee girl.  "Taming wild animals? Really?  Do you know how to do that?" we enquired.  And she confidently replied that yes, indeed, she really, really knew how to do that.  "How did you learn to tame wild animals?" I asked.  "I've got a Rotweiler!" was the reply.

Have a lovely Saturday!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

13 comments:

Jacqui P said...

Oh wow Tracy this is fab!!! I must have coloured this wee angel dozens of times but never thought of such soft colours! she looks gorgous!!! your whole card is lovely!
hugs
JAcqui p x

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey! I love this image and she's so pretty in these soft colours :o) Lisa x

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card Tracey ! I love those soft colours and the distressed look too ! The image is so so cute ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Claire said...

Really pretty card Tracey - love the soft colours. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Tracey...

have a great evening....hugs Vicky xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie totally gorgeous card I sooooo sooooo love this image the shocking thing is I've still not coloured up any of these SN beauties yet.......I will give myself a swift kick hun.
My kiddies dont go back til Monday :0(

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, just love the image and beautiful soft colours..really pretty...
[out of the mouths of babes]..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, what a totally gorgeous card! I love the colours and papers.

The children were off on holiday this week where we live and I'm really looking forward to my daughter going back next week - more than she is I think!

Such a sweet story as well - aren't children inventive! My little only started in Reception in Sept and that's one of the things she has been asked (what she is good at) she told her teacher that she was good at playing the 'Big & Small' game on the cbeebies web-site! I wonder how much computer time the teacher thinks we let her have - too much probably!!

Sarah

coops said...

so stunning tracey.the image is a realy cutie and i love your beautiful soft colours and design :D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning card. Lovely soft colours (which I have to be honest, don't normally appeal) but I love this, it's gorgeous.

Susan xx

Faye said...

Oh she's stolen my heart too! This is the most gorgeous, scrummy, delicious card. I LOVE it. xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Well at least she didn't say her Dad lol! Mine probably would have!! And I've told you already, this card has my name on it.....it was made for my dresser 'sigh'. She's beautiful xx

Rachel said...

Stunning card Tracey, its sooooo pretty. Wedgie xxx