Thursday, 23 September 2010

Lace It Up - Just Magnolia Challenge

Another quick post and yet another last minute challenge entry.  I don't know where my days go at the moment and things are so busy at school that the time goes by in a blink!

This week's challenge at Just Magnolia is to use lace on your card.  I chose Tilda unwrapping her present and coloured her with Prisma pencils for a change after distressing the background with some Antique Linen ink.






All of the matting is Bazzill card and the gorgeous paper is from an old Basic Grey Christmas pad.  I used two layers of contrasting lace on the card to give it a bit of depth and mounted the Tilda image on sticky pads over the top of Magnolia's Silent Night, which I stamped in brown ink and distressed a little.

The lace, beautiful flowers and pearls (I don't know if they show up too well in this piccie) are all from the wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts.  I can't imagine making a card now without using something from WOC!

Sorry this is so quick - I need to throw something on the table for dinner now and then get on with some marking ... still, it'll soon be the weekend and hopefully it will stop raining by then!

Take care,

Tracey x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card Tracey!! Love the background paper and your lace is gorgeous!! Such a cute image!! I need to use this one as well!
Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
:)Kathy