I did enjoy making this card, not least because I got to ink up a much under-used Tilda and I managed an "out of the die" cut reasonably well - my previous attempts have been a bit of a disaster!
Anyway, the card - I wanted to do something for this week's Totally Tilda challenge, which is Glitter and Sparkle and I've been waiting for ages to use this gorgeous glittered Bo Bunny Christmas paper. It matches perfectly with one of my favourite collections, Basic Grey's Capella.
I stamped Tilda onto watercolour card and cut her out with a Marianne die. I used the same die to cut the outer ring from Capella paper and gave this a sprinkle of Glamour Dust, which I also put over Tilda's wings. Tilda has been coloured with Copics and I added gold Stickles to her halo.
I used the Bo Bunny glittery paper on top of a Bazzill 6" x 6" square card, then cut two squares from co-ordinating Basic Grey Capella paper, which I went round with a Martha Stewart punch. I covered this layer with some sheer ribbon (American Crafts - they have a brilliant range of colours, not your usual variety,either). Finally, the pearls and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts - where else?
The card layout follows this week's sketch at Friday Sketchers, so I can enter it in that challenge as well. And, as I've used Basic Grey papers, this should also qualify for the Basic Grey Challenges comp, whose theme is also "Sparkle".
So, that's me card. Hope to be back tomorrow with another Tilda. Want to get over to Cuddly Buddly's website before bed as they have some lovely Tilda paper. Saw this on Bev's blog and I fell in love.
Hopefully won't spend too much money!
Tracey x
2 comments:
Hi Tracy
your card is just georgeous!! I have just bought this stamp and have been looking at it the past couple of days, feeling at a loss!! now I think I will have to ink her up!!! I am going to follow you as you sound just as much a shopaholic as me Lol!! not to mention I too am in Scotland!! yay!! though I am a taffy born and bred!!!
Fantastic card Tilda looks lovely
Sorry I'm late commenting I've had internet problems
Thanks for entering Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie xx
Post a Comment