A little Tilda card today, using one of my favourite images. The Just Magnolia challenge is "Anything Goes", which makes it nice and easy to combine challenges! I liked the sketch on Totally Gorjuss and Stamp Something has a "Something to Celebrate" theme. This little Tilda ticks all of those boxes.
I used my usual Bazzill 6" x 6" card base and covered it with Magnolia paper; the Tilda image is also mounted on Magnolia check paper. The ribbon is American Crafts (I'm going to have to see where I can buy these when my present stash gets low) and matches the paper exactly - more by luck than design. I distressed the background of the Tilda image with Pumice Stone distress inks - I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this now, all thanks to a fab tutorial on Kim Piggot's blog. Tilda has been coloured with Copics and given a wee bit of Glamour Dust just for the sake of it really.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts - I wish I'd joined them up a bit, actually, as I don't like the gap between them, but I wanted to try to follow the sketch. I also wish that WOC had released their poppies last week 'cos they would have looked great with this colour scheme. That's something else to go on my shopping list. Finally, the sentiment stamp is Magnolia and the wee doily is from Joanna Sheen (although my mum got me some lovely ones in Tescos!).
I had one of those moments yesterday after school when I had to confront my craft shopping addiction. hAnglar have a new kit on Ebay - £42, so not cheap, but tempting. My too-old-for-his-years son spent half an hour talking me out of buying it... "Do you really need it, Mum?" "You've got loads, Mum" and "That's expensive, Mum". I had to agree, I've still got stamps I haven't used and I felt a bit bad that it took a 10 year old to tell it like it is.
Mind you, when he'd gone to bed I went onto Cuddly Buddly's site and bought 2 packs of their Tilda papers which I'd seen on Bev Rochester's blog. Haven't told him yet, tho'!
Hugs,
Tracey x
2 comments:
Such a cute card! Love the image. You colored it beautifully. Love the look of the lace doily. So cute!
Thanks so much for joining us at stamp something this week!
Hi Tracey
This is gorgeous.
Beautiful papers and flowers alongside a perfectly coloured image. Such beautiful rich colours.
Perhaps you will get away with the Tilda Papers LOL!!!
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment