A very late post for these challenges, but I have been without power at home for most of the day. Fortunately we have a lovely electrician who came over after school and sorted the problem for me, but I was beginning to think that we might be electricity-less for the weekend!
Anyway, I have a card which fits with the sketch at Sketch Saturday (hope I'm in time!) and the theme at Magnolia Stamp Lovers, which is lace.
I made a 6" x 6" base from white Bazzill and covered this with a Magnolia Christmas paper which I think was from last year's collection. I cut a 4" x 5" panel of white card, covered this with more Magnolia paper and mounted this over a strip of white velvet ribbon (American Crafts) and a strip of beautiful white lace from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I stamped this little Tilda with Memento ink, then masked her and stamped Magnolia's "Snowy Circle" around her with Versamark. I then heated embossed this with silver powder. Several attempts at cutting this centrally within my circular dies failed miserably, so I ended up cutting a more abstract shape by hand - not what I wanted really, but I wasted a lot of card trying to centre everything and get Tilda's feet outside the die.
I coloured Tilda with Copics and added Icicle Stickles to the frills on her dress and around the cut-out shape. I added a sentiment from a Forever Friends pack that I got for pennies in a sale and completed the card with part of a white flower spray and some 5mm pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts.
School holidays for 2 weeks started this afternoon. We're away for a few days next week - Mum and Dad are coming to look after the dog and the chickens, but I hope to be here tomorrow with a little hAnglar creation.
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs,
Tracey x
1 comment:
your card is adorable!! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at MSL!!
Hugs
Vivi
Post a Comment