Our challenge theme this week at Sweet Stampin' is to Try Something New. After the usual deliberations (I've tried lots of things, but many of them just once because I was so rubbish at them!) I decided to try making a gift bag. I'd bought bags from Crafts U Love ages ago and never used them, so it was just a question of deciding how I wanted to decorate this one.
I actually found it quite hard at first to deal with the extra space, as I'm so used to working with 6"x6" cards; having twice the height to play with makes you think about getting your layout balanced and as a result I faffed and fiddled even more than usual until I was vaguely happy.
I used Panduro Tilda papers from the Wintergarden set. I love these papers but some of the patterns can be quite "in your face" on a standard card. I'm quite pleased that I was able to use a pattern which otherwise would have been left neglected in the pad. I actually got the sewing machine out and stitched around the panels (Fi, one of the wonderful Boss Ladies at Sweet Stampin' is an ace stitcher on cards and inspired me to give this a go).
The hAnglar stamp is one of my favourites and she's lovely to colour with the old Copics. I added a MS punched border and a row of cream lace to the top of the bag and then all I had to do was put my flowers on (that's the part that takes me ages 'cos I keep having to rearrange everything)!
Do come over to play at Sweet Stampin' - we'd really love you to Try Something New with us!
Did you watch the wedding? I thought the bride looked lovely and felt they were very happy together. I wish them all the very best.
Have a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend.
Hugs,
Tracey xx
9 comments:
Hi sweetie this is sooooo beautiful I know exactly what you mean about the extra height the first one I did took me forever I just faffed & faffed then I go do something then come back faff some more it did my heed in lol. Thankfully it gets easier hun.
I am loving this paper its gorgeous & your stitching is fantastic. Of course I'm loving your hanglar sweetie.
Enjoy your weekend hun.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
As I said previously Tracey, this is lovely - great idea, fab papers and image. Have a great day. Hugs, Claire x
Oh Pickle, the faffing was worth it because this is one beautiful bag. Your colouring is awesome and I love the rich colours. Very, very nice indeedy. Mmmmmmmwah. xxx
wow this is so beautiful I am really missing you all i can't wait to be able to post again much love
Lorraine xx
Hi sweetie, this is stunning, your colours are gorgeous, fantastic work, big hugs love Pops x
this is fab Tracey...now who wouldn't love a gift bag like this?? I haven't tried this yet but I do have some bags that the loverly Debbie sent me...one day!!
Fi
x
stunning gift bag tracey.i love the sweet hanglar and your paper and details are beautiful :D
xx coops xx
This is such a pretty gift bag Tracy. The colours are wonderful and love the added flowers
Clairex
Hi Tracey
A beautifully coloured image and I love how you have used your punch and lace at the top of your card.
A great finished look.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment