I've been very lucky this weekend to have had some time to make a couple of cards. This one follows a fab sketch by the oh so clever Dawny P for the Just Magnolia blog. I think I'll also enter it into the Oldie but A Goodie challenge, which is Pink and Girlie.
I used Bazzill for my base card and Prima double sided paper for the main panels and Nellie die cut. This is such pretty paper - I'm not sure that my photography skills do it justice, though.
The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards - my goodness, these are useful - and the flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts. This ribbon is by American Crafts and the wee heart buttons are Doodlebug - they're my last pale pink ones so I must try to find some more from somewhere.
I coloured Tilda with Copics and I must say that I agree with Bev over at All the Things I Love - I can't find a pink Copic that I like ... they seem so harsh. Anyway, after several attempts, I opted for this one although I would have prefered a softer colour. I added quite a lot of Glamour Dust to Tilda's bow and her top and popped the image onto the die cut, which was then mounted on sticky pads.
And there we have it. I've done my school work, done the ironing, been for a lovely walk in Kirroughtree Forest with my beautiful boy (gorgeous weather here today!), watched a bit of the Grand Prix with the boy, put some lovely local beef in the oven and am now going to make up some potted shrimps to put in the fridge. I sometimes wonder how I find the time to go to work ... I'm cream-crackered now though! At least now that the nights are drawing in a bit it means that the sun is over the yard-arm a little earlier and I can feel a wee glass of red calling me!
Enjoy your evening and have a great week, whatever you are planning to do!
Big hugs,
Tracey x
9 comments:
Such a pretty card Tracey, Love the colours & Tilda looks gorgeous!
Clairex
Pretty card! Love the papers and this Tilda is just adorable!!!!
:)Kathy
This is beautiful, I love this sweet Tilda, she's one of my faves.
Thanks for joining our 2nd challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx
This is a beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie.
Clare x
fabulous card Tracey, this is one of the first Tildas I ever bought and still one of my favourites...beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx
Beautiful creation, Thanks for joining us at Oldie but A goodie this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Beautiful card - love the image - thanks for sharing it with us at An Oldie but a Goodie.
Hope to see you again.
Good luck.
Debs xx
Hi Tracey, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet Tilda image and gorgeous papers and flowers. I also agree about the pink copics being too harsh.
Thanks for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie.
Lisa x
Post a Comment