Saturday, 11 September 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge - Books and Stories

Hi there - hope you're having a good weekend!

I've had this little Mo Manning chap for a while but wasn't quite sure what to do with him.  I mean, where do you put the flowers on a boy's card?  But as soon as I saw the theme for the latest Cupcake Craft Challenge I knew I had to use the wee man carrying his books to school.


I coloured him with Copics and cut him out with  a Nestie die.  I then distressed the background and edges a little with some Frayed Burlap distress ink.  I used red and white Bazzill card for my base and mat, with Magnolia paper to finish.  The ribbon and brads are from a (probably now discontinued) pack by Making Memories - such good colours for a boy, don't you think?

The pencils around the image were a real find!  I got them in an art shop near where we live - I bought them ages ago but knew they'd come in useful - and so they have!  Finally I used some Doodlebug sticky tags to fill the bottom right-hand corner and there he is, with not a flower or lacy border in sight!

Take care,

Tracey x

2 comments:

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Tracey, love the image and colouring
Clairexx

Faye said...

You soooo needed those pencils! This is such a wonderful card, I love what you've done with our books and stories theme. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx