Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Magnolia Christmas Easel

Here I am again, slightly earlier than planned but the boy is watching the football and I now have a meeting after school tomorrow, so now seems as good a time as any to post this latest card.

Now this is something I really enjoyed putting together.  I have to say that I'm really into using these soft, muted colours at the moment - so much so that I've bought further supplies of my favourite Basic Grey Capella range, as I'm always worried that my faves will be discontinued!

Anyway, I wanted to follow the amazing Dawny P's brilliant sketch for the Just Magnolia Challenge and I also noticed that the CES Challenge was asking for Christmas Easel cards this week.  Perfect, says I, I'll combine the two.


So here we have one of my favourite Tildas getting ready for a spot of Christmas decorating.  I've used Magnolia papers which have been distressed with a combination of Frayed Burlap ink and Coffee Shop Glimmer mist (accidentally used the same sponge for both) and I've then glittered all of the edges with Stickles Frosted Lace. The lace die cut is from a Marianne D die threaded with some cream ribbon which I cut out from the inside of a cardigan (those things are really irritating in your clothes but a great way to add to your stash!).  That's a sign of middle age for you - I do like a nice cardigan!



Tilda has been painted with distress inks and I've used Pumice Stone - I love this colour - for her dress and tights.  The tinsel has been given a good coat of gold stickles to make it stand out.



The Magnolia sentiment has been stamped onto Magnolia paper cut with a Nellies die.  Last, but by no means least, the beautiful roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts - I have to have more of these - the colour is Ivory and they are stunning.  I gave them a bit of Christmas bling treatment with some glimmer mist before I stuck them on.  The pearls are from WOC too.

Well, that's me card.  Have a lovely rest of the evening.

Tracey x

4 comments:

Dena said...

Wow Tracey, your card is so elegant looking!!! Love the gorgeous flowers and the glitter and pearls!!! Beautiful!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Tracey - the off white is so elegant and classic!! Love it - thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week! Juliexx

Vicky said...

WOW... really pretty easel card, love the sparkle its giving. Your Tilda is beautiful. Good luck in your challenges.
Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges, hope to see you here again.

Hugs Vicky xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie i love the colours and the papers are fab, gorgeous image too big hugs love Pops x x x