Sunday, 26 September 2010

An Untraditional Christmas!

The challenge at Lili of the Valley this week is to make a Christmas card using "alternative" colours.  At first I thought of yellow, but then I remembered a black and white card that I made years ago and how much I had enjoyed putting it together.

I had just the image in mind for a black and white colour scheme, bearing in mind that I'm not great with distress inks.  If you want to see black and white images beautifully painted, just hop over to Jane's Lovely Cards.  Jane Johnson is a very gifted crafter whose blog never fails to inspire me and she is second to none when it comes to painting in black and white using distress inks.

Anyway, here's the old card.



I made an easel card (again) and used black Bazzill for the base, the Nestie die cuts and for the white mat.  The papers are Doodlebug, the sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and the self-adhesive pearls, chandelier and white flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The flowers were part of a spray which I cut up so that I could use the blooms individually.

I tried taking a picture from another angle ...



The image is one of the new Lili of the Valley stamps and I coloured her with Promarkers. I used a dark grey on her coat which I then shaded with a black Prisma pencil.  I used Glamour Dust for a bit of sparkle on her hat and scarf and Flowersoft Polar White mixed with some Art Glitter White Gala Glitz for the snow.  That Art Glitter stuff is quite good for bigger bits of bling when you need them but it contains some tiny wee balls that roll onto the floor if you're not really careful - watch out for the feet of your kids and your pets if they go on the floor!

 

Hope your Sunday is going well - I'll be back in a bit with another card!

Tracey x


5 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is a gorgeous Easel christmas card Tracey. Love the papers and she looks gorgeous. Thanks for part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Jules said...

Oh Tracey

This is stunning.

I love black and white cards.

You have coloured your image perfectly.

Love Jules xx

Jane said...

Simply stunning! xx

Dena said...

Oh wow! Talk about untraditional! This is breathtaking!!!!!!! I love it! Very pretty card!
Thanks so much for joining the LOTV Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Ina Emilie said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I love this black, white and grey card. But i wonder, what are you coloring with???